Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This time we're not giving up

Im going to miss this. Staying up late talking with my best friends, talking on the phone for 2 hours about random, stupid things, and sitting in my room, just having the secure and loving feeling of knowing my mom is downstairs just working away. Im going to miss my family, my friends, my room even.

Its going to be hard, leaving behind all i know, and being thrust into a community in which i know nothing about, and dont even know how to behave.
I'm starting to get excited though, I met with Jean Crowder( The Duncan MP) and she gave me a very inspirational talk, and $100 :P but it really made me think about why i am actually going on this trip. Being scared has kinda madde me forget why i wanted to do this exchange in the first place.

I want to be able to die, knowing i did one thing to change someone's life. I want to be able to say, i helped change the world for the better. I want to know....I did something good to make up for all my bad deeds. I feel like i can redeem myself with this trip, with myself, and with my family.

I know ive done bad things before, like im sure everyone has, but lately i feel like something has been leading me down the wrong path. I figured this trip would be the best thing to get me on the right track again. Ive always been an alright kid, but lately somethings changed. I need to get my head on straight and this is exactly what i need.

Taking time away from everything i know will give me the chance to take a step back from my life, and experience a different life which i want to lead in the future.

When i get back i hope i can bring back all the things i learned while i was away, be able to use my newfound skills and experiences to teach others around about different communities and the ways of people around the world. I hope i can give back to everyone, the way everyone has given me so much already.

I just want to send out a huge thanks before i log off for the night, to my family ( mom, drew, andrea <3 ) My friends( too many to name) and everyone from the community who has supported me through my whole preparation of my trip. I love you all <3

Goodnight and Ill blog again soon :)

3 comments:

  1. You are wise beyond your years little one. You are going to learn so much and gain so many incredible insights and continue to grow and be an even more amazing person.

    I'm so proud of you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your proud of me, that makes me feel so much better about going, i don't want to be a bad kid anymore, i just wanted to know you were proud of me, and i know your supporting me doing this trip. <3 love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're still excited about going. And...I know this is super cheesy but here goes...to the world you're just one person, but to one person you can be the world. Even if you just make a difference in one other persons life, it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete